Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sweet Lil' Guys and Hard Determination!

This past week has been so sweet!

My sweet Noah has learned how to write his name.



He also prayed the sweetest prayer!

Dear Lord God --  Thank you for my mommy, daddy, baby brother, Nana, papa, grandma, and g-daddy.  Thank you for our food and make it good for our bodies.  Thank you for our money to buy groceries at Wal-Mart. AMEN!


That was the bedtime prayer my little guy prayed this week. Isn't that just sweet?  I didn't realize how much a pre-schooler takes in and actually understand.


Keola Riley has been a cuddle bug this week!
Daddy started back to school and hasnt been home as much as he has been lately, and I think Riley has noticed!  He is beginning to talk more everyday, although sometimes its not very clear. However, I know he said, "I Love You!" this week and that was AWESOME!



As for an update on my healthy eating kick -- Still going strong!  Carl and I have both done extremely well! The scale doesn't say much different, but I know that we have to keep going because we are determined!
We have cut our portions back so much. We are drinking water constantly, we might have a glass of juice a day, added tons of fruit and vegetables to our diets, and exercise every day! We skipped last nights exercise routine because we were sore and figured we should give our "muscles" time to adjust. (hah!) However, we are most definitely picking up where we left off tonight!  I have ppersonally traded all my sweet cravings for almonds or a teaspoon of peanut butter, or some type of fruit. I cant lie, it has been extremely difficult and have gave in to some of my temptations. I have cheated at least once a day a couple times this past week.  That's still HUGE for me.  Like I said, I'm not looking for big changes fast, I'm taking it day by day. Carl is a little more interested in working hard and not cheating. He is doing so well and I'm beyond proud of him. 



  Carl started back to school this week and my online classes start on Monday. We are both very excited about this semester.  Carl found out today that after this semester he will only have 9 hours left to complete. He will be done with college by December this year! What an accomplishment for our family! :)

Please continue to keep us in prayer. We can always feel it. The Lord has blessed us so much and given us so many great friends. We love and thank each of you for all that you do.




No comments: