Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What "Choices" are you making in 2011?

I've never been one to make New Year's Resolutions.  This year however, I have decided to lose a few pounds and read the Bible in a year.  I have come up with this statement to keep me motivated, "If I don't succeed then the only person that I'm letting down is myself." Who wants to let himself down?

I believe that I have got through the bible before, but never in a particular order. So this year, I want to keep track of it. I want to know that I've studied the word through. This will be a great "personal" testimony to myself.  I want to do this and I want to know that I've done my daily bible study each day this year.  God is so good to me, and I know that I'm undeserving. I am not perfect, and don't claim it. I know that I can always be better, and the best way to do that is to put the Lord in my life daily. This is a choice that I am making for myself.  I want to do it for me. Perhaps I can encourage you to do the same?

Secondly, I want to tell the world and tell my friends that I have a goal of losing 35 lbs.  I can do this, and I know that I will.  I am starting small and not looking for big results right off the bat.  The first thing that I'm doing is changing my eating habits.  I have no set diet plan so I'm really not sure how this is going to work. I'm simply trying to eat healthy and only eat what I need and not what I want.  The second thing I'm going to do is develop an exercise schedule.  That is still in the works, but I'm reminding myself to take small steps.  Drastic changes will likely result me into giving up because its "too hard".  But I wont do that because I can do this!

So far I have went without soda and have only drank water. It really hasn't been that bad. I'm training myself to not want it because my body doesn't need it. I have honestly not had a craving in 48 hours. It's still early, so I'll have to test my self control! The best part is, I haven't had headaches!! Which I am so very thankful for!

I have also cut back in a lot of my eating habits.  It seems like sitting home with kiddos all day long has given me the urge to eat when I'm just sitting around.  Though I stay busy at home, I still find time to munch on whats probably considered junk food. I am happy to say that I have eliminated it. So far I have completely eliminated all types of junk food. Not even a bite!! Again, it's a test in self-control.  What I am doing is a choice, I must remember that. What will my overall choices result in?

I plan to continue to make changes in my diet and develop healthier living this year.  Not only for myself but because my family needs to do the same. Living a busy life sometimes makes it difficult to remember nutrition verses just needing to eat. I am depending on my viewers and my blog to keep me accountable. I'll look back at the blog and use it as my tool for encouragement. Of course, encouraging notes and comments from you all are nice too. :)

Here's to a healthier year both physically and spiritually!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It is so funny to read your post because it sounds a lot like what I just posted :) You can totally do it! We track our calories on thedailyplate.com. It is a great way to keep track of what you eat and the workouts your doing. Jason and I are also going to read the Bible from start to finish this year :)

Miss you!

♥ Heather said...

Good for you!!! I need a swift kick to the rear in the workout department, haha!